An orientation session for new Affiliate Leadership, both staff and Board, will be held on Tuesday evening preceding the Conference opening.ÂÂ There will be exhibits on Wednesday, October 23.ÂÂ On Thursday afternoon, October 24, we are planning concurrent sessions, one track specifically developed for Affiliate Board members.
Networking opportunities will be available through the Round Robin session, which offers opportunities for Affiliates to learn about programs offered by other Affiliates and to exchange ideas and advice.ÂÂ The Annual Awards Luncheon will be held on Friday, October 25, following the annual meeting of the Delegate Assembly.ÂÂ The NCADD Board of Directors will hold its meeting on Friday afternoon, October 25, immediately following the Luncheon.
The Hilton Arlington (950 North Stafford Drive, Arlington, VA 22203, 703.528.6000) is conveniently located four miles from downtown Washington, DC and a few steps from the Ballston-MU Metro stop; it is close to the Ballston Common Mall and the National Science Foundation, both of which are connected to the hotel via a skywalk.ÂÂ The hotel is 6 miles from Washington National (Reagan) Airport; a taxi will cost about $21.00, the MetroÂÂ $2.50.ÂÂ Dulles Airport is 26 miles away and a taxi will cost about $50.00. Hotel reservations must be made by September 22, 2013. To make hotel reservations, click here.
All in all, it promises to be an excellent Conference and we urge you to start planning now to attend.
Conference Planning Committee:
- Debora Rodriguez, Chair (Cleveland, OH)
- Izetta Briggs-Bolling, Deputy Chair (Monticello, NY)
- Martha B. Alexander (Charlotte, NC)
- Michael Ballue (Gardena, CA)
- Sharon Burden (South Bend, IN)h
- Julie Dostal, PhD (Oneonta, NY)
- Jennifer Faringer (Rochester, NY)
- John Hopkins (Waukesha, WI)
- David C. Lewis, MD (Providence, RI)
- Kevin Quint (Reno, NV)
- William Rader (Boca Grande, FL)
- Nancy Rosen-Cohen, PhD (Maryland)
- Claudia Roska (Waukesha, WI)
- Thelma Ross (Phoenix, AZ)
- Francine Ward (Mill Valley, CA)
- Staff: Leah Brock, John Magnuson