All Affiliates shall fulfill at least the following requirements:
- Ascribe to the mission and vision of NCADD.
- Participate in national, state and local advocacy efforts.
- Be incorporated as a separate non-profit, tax-exempt organization.
- Maintain an office (street address required) and telephone or answering service.
- Adhere to a Code of Ethics that is consistent with the mission of the organization and criteria for affiliation and in compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies
- Provide an objective information and referral service, which takes into account all resources in the community.
- Provide community-based prevention and education programs.
- Willingness to work with other Affiliates in providing mutual support and assistance.
- Utilize name identification with NCADD. Unless the name NCADD is included in the name of the organization, the words "an Affiliate of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc." must appear.
- Have policies and practices that ensure diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of its operation (employment, board representation, programs offered, people served, etc.).
- Maintain its books of account and financial records in accordance with procedures prescribed by the Standards of Accounting and Financial Reporting for Voluntary Health and Welfare Organization; have an annual audit as may be required.
- Have a representative, voluntary Board of Directors reflecting the economic, geographic, ethnic, and racial composition of the area served.
- Total operation to be compatible with the policies, objectives and goals of NCADD. To maintain its organization and conduct its program in accordance and consistent with the policies, purpose and goals of NCADD.
- Serve a defined geographical area, mutually agreeable to the membership organization and NCADD.
- Pay the prescribed membership dues.
At least one Director of the Board of Directors shall be a member of the Professional Association of Council Executives.
Neither the national office nor the member organization will share in each other's bequests.
Dues shall be based on Affiliate's total revenue, as follows:Affiliate Revenue DuesUnder $ 100,000* $500$100,000-$ 499,999 $750$500,000-$ 999,999 $1,000$1,000,000-$4,999,999 $2,500$5,000,000 and over $5,000
*For revenue under $50,000 dues will be 1% of total revenue.
A one-year pre-affiliate introductory membership is $200. During the introductory period, NCADD will work with the council to bring it into compliance with the requirements for full Affiliation. Payment of the dues is to be made quarterly, payable during the first month of each quarter. Introductory membership dues are payable in full at the time of enrollment.