The Substance Abuse and Addiction Recovery Alliance of Virginia (SAARA) is a community-based grassroots membership organization of individuals in recovery from alcohol and other drug addiction, their families, friends and committed community supporters.
SAARA's mission is to celebrate, support and advocate for resources and services for the prevention of and recovery from substance abuse and addiction. SAARA promotes social, educational, legal, research and health care resources and services that support accessible, effective and accountable addictions: prevention, intervention, treatment and Recovery.
* SAARA will be a clearing house for substance use disorder service resources.
* We will increase our visibility and become the Recovery subject matter expert for the Commonwealth.
* We will seek opportunities to carry the message of Recovery as the solution on a local and State level, advocating to increase resources and reduce stigma.
* Expanding Recovery Support Services will be a priority.
* We will increase membership and partnerships to include youth, family members, impaired professionals, businesses, concerned citizens, faith based organizations, etc.
* SAARA wwill remain fiscally sound and diversify its funding base through grants, corporate support and fund raising.