Donors are the heart and soul of NCADD. In order to fulfill our Mission to fight the Nation's #1 health problem -- alcoholism and drug addiction -- NCADD relies on donations from individuals, families, foundations and corporations to support our life-saving work in public awareness, education, prevention, information and referral, intervention, treatment, recovery support and policy/advocacy. We do not accept gifts from the alcohol or tobacco industry and limit government funding to small grants for specific programs.
We need your help! Please become an NCADD donor and support our work. Your tax-deductible gift will help NCADD provide direct help and support to millions of individuals and families who rely on NCADD and our National Network of Affiliates. Over 80% of our revenue is spent on program services and NCADD has been given an A+ rating by the American Institute of Philanthropy. With your support we can advocate for expanded prevention programs, better access to treatment and recovery support for individuals and families, for fair treatment and an end to discrimination in insurance coverage, housing, employment, and educational rights. It will enable us to create fact sheets, brochures and other internet-based resources to help millions of people!
There are many ways that you can donate in support of NCADD:
- General Donation: Donate online securely or by phone with your credit card, or you can mail a check, payable to "NCADD"
- Memorial Gift: A thoughtful way to remember a special person in your life, while at the same time helping others
- Tribute Gift: A meaningful way to honor a friend, family member, relative or colleague by honoring a special occasion- recovery anniversary date, birthday's, graduations, etc.
- Recovery Rally: In support of someone who is walking or in memory of family member or friend who died from alcoholism or addiction or died in recovery
- Planned Giving- Wills and Bequests: Join the Marty Mann Society for Gift and Estate Planning with NCADD. When you plan for a future gift, you help NCADD plan for future success and secure our ability to help millions more people. It is always advisable to consult with an attorney when preparing or changing your will. You may find that designating a bequest to NCADD has tax advantages. Wording for your gift can be very simple: “I hereby devise and bequeath to the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc, the following gift of . . .”
- Workplace Giving:
- CHC: Community Health Charities: NCADD is a proud member of Community Health Charities (CHC) which carries out workplace giving campaigns across the country. If your employer participates, we hope you will designate NCADD as one of your charity choices.
- CFC: Combined Federal Campaign - #10563: The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the largest workplace giving campaign in the World. NCADD’s CFC code number is 10563.
- Matching Gifts: Some employers have matching gift programs that can increase your donation to NCADD by double or more. Please check with your employer.