Geoffrey P. Kane, MD, MPH, Brattleboro Retreat, Brattleboro, VT (Update Editor)
Harris B. Stratyner, PhD, Caron Foundation, New York, NY
- Thomas P. Beresford, MD, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- Gregory B. Collins, MD, Pinehurst, NC
- R. Jeffrey Goldsmith, MD, Cincinnati, OH
- David Lewis, MD, Brown University, Providence, RI
- Lonnie MacDonald, MD, New York, NY
- Kevin McCauley, MD, Sandy, UT
- Thomas F. McGovern, Lubbock, TX
- Nicholas Pace, MD, New York, NY
- Mel Pohl, MD, Las Vegas Recovery Center, Las Vegas, NV
- Jennifer Schneider, MD, Tucson, AZ
- Chapman Sledge, MD, Cumberland Heights, Nashville, TN
- Alan Wartenberg. MD, Meadows Edge Recovery Center, North Kingstown, RI
- Wayne Wirta, NCADD New Jersey, Robbinsville, NJ
- Penelope P. Ziegler, MD, Williamsburg, VA
The NCADD Medical-Scientific Committee is made up of physicians, psychologists and others to provide advice and guidance to the NCADD Board of Directors, staff and National Network of Affiliates on activities related to medicine, health and addiction to alcohol and drugs. The Committee develops NCADD position papers, advisories, and other public statements for approval by the Board which reflect the latest medical and scientific understanding of the disease of alcoholism and drug dependence.
Additionally the NCADD Medical-Scientific Committee:
- Identifies areas needing further research and encourages the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), National Institute on Drug Addiction (NIDA) and other organizations like the Research Society on Alcoholism (RSA) to undertake such research.
- Develops general information pamphlets to inform the public about relevant issues regarding alcoholism and drug dependence.