About the NCADD, Sacramento Affiliate:
They’ve served the men, women and children of the Sacramento region for the past 35 years.
They understand the destructive power of untreated addiction to our community. And they understand the transformative power of treating addiction and the positive influence those individuals and groups can contribute to their communities.
They believe that:
- Addiction recovery is a reality.
- There are many paths to recovery.
- Recovery flourishes in supportive communities.
- Recovery is a voluntary process.
- The family of an alcoholic or addict deserve counseling and treatment in their own right.
- Recovery gives back what addiction has taken away.
The breadth and meaning of NCADD Sacramento’s vision is represented by this graphic, inspired by their board of directors and created by two art student volunteers as part of their senior project.
They link the community to the most effective local resources. They help treatment providers keep informed of the newest medical developments and best practices.
If you would like to join them in promoting public understanding of alcoholism and drug addiction as treatable and preventable diseases, they would love to hear from you. There are many ways to help.
Visit their website: www.ncaddsac.org